Natural Face Cream by ZAYA Skincare
Natural Face Cream by ZAYA Skincare
A few months ago I attended the first Holistic Beauty Expo in Toronto – and I was lucky enough to come home with a bag full of goodies including the ZAYA Skincare Face Cream. At first it wasn’t my favourite because I had been reaching for the Penny Lane Organics Moisturizer most days. For some reason I picked up the bottle of the ZAYA Face Cream and have been using it every morning and night since! (Don’t get me wrong though, I still love the Penny Lane Moisturizer!)
Psst! If you want to see more about the Holistic beauty Expo be sure to check out my full post.
Behind the Brand: ZAYA Skincare
ZAYA is a brand I hadn’t heard of before attending the Holistic Beauty Expo – I’m so glad I was able to go because I learned about so many amazing skincare and beauty companies! I sincerely hope that Andrea Ashley hosts one next year as well… But anyway, I had the chance to speak to the lovely ladies behind ZAYA and learn about their brand. In summary, ZAYA is a no-filler and no-bullshit beauty brand. They use natural ingredients that perform but don’t offer any miracles (no, you can’t completely erase the effects of aging… unfortunately.)
All their products are made locally in Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 as well as vegan, cruelty-free and environmentally friendly; no cheap plastic packaging either!
So this wasn’t a moisturizer that I started using right away, though I have been using it for the past month. It’s packed full of some great ingredients that help to:
- Hydrate/ moisturize
- Reduce the look of fine lines
- Keep skin soft and supple
There are three key ingredients that help to provide these results:
Canadian Willow-herb Extract packs a punch, it’s anti-inflammatory, an antioxidant and helps to soothe skin.¹
Raspberry Oil🌱 is also an anti-inflammatory and it is high in vitamin E which is a great antioxidant.
Neem Tree Wax helps to soothe dry skin and it is anti-bacterial which helps to fight acne.
Full List of Ingredients (in order.)
- Aqua… also known as water or more formally as H₂O.
- Jojoba oil🌱 is used for hydration and excess oil production.
- Raspberry oil🌱 is an anti-inflammatory and it is high in Vitamin E which is a great antioxidant.
- Evening Primrose oil🌱 helps treat inflammation and skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It helps soothe skin while hydrating and provides antioxidant properties to help reduce fine lines.²
- Neem Tree Wax helps to soothe dry skin and it is anti-bacterial which helps to fight acne.
- Wheat Germ Oil helps prevent scarring as it is packed with a load of essential vitamins plus it also aids in hydration.
- Canadian Willow-Herb Extract packs a punch, it’s anti-inflammatory, an antioxidant and helps to soothe skin.¹
- Glycerol (derived from vegetables) is used as a humectant… or in normal english words to help hydrate by bringing moisture into the skin.
- Sodium PCA is a naturally occurring amino acid that is used to help condition the skin (or moisturize.)
- Glyceryl Stearate serves as a barrier for the skin to help keep the moisture in.
- Honeysuckle extract is anti-septic and anti-inflammatory.
- Ylang-Ylang essential oil🌱 helps to fragrance and is also used to mitigate excess oil production.
My Thoughts on the ZAYA Skincare Face Cream
The ZAYA skincare face cream has been my go-to moisturizer recently – seeing as my skin decided to make a complete u-turn and transform back into the way it was during puberty, I’ve found that it works really well to help quell acne. The pump is fantastic (you can tell that they didn’t skimp out on the packaging, that’s for sure!) and it even comes with a handy little pump lid which makes it super easy to travel with.
The ZAYA face cream is super lightweight and doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy – just moisturized! If you have super dry skin then you might need to mix it with another serum or face oil (ZAYA sells a face oil that you can combine with it.) In order to get more hydration. For summertime I think that the face cream alone has done an outstanding job! It doesn’t smell bad… it doesn’t really smell like much of anything to be honest.
Would I repurchase the ZAYA Face Cream?
Yes, I can definitely see myself purchasing another bottle of this. Although in the efforts to try and slim down my skincare products it might not be until I finally finish the Penny Lane Moisturizer (trying to work on that minimalist lifestyle, y’know?)💁🏼
What’s your current favourite moisturizer?
¹Canadian Willowherb. (2017). In-cosmetics.com. Retrieved 16 August 2017, from http://www.in-cosmetics.com/__novadocuments/7552
²What is it: Evening Primrose Oil – Truth In Aging. (2017). Truthinaging.com. Retrieved 16 August 2017, from https://www.truthinaging.com/review/what-is-it-evening-primrose-oil