Dr.Hauschka Natural Makeup Re-Launch
Dr.Hauschka Natural Makeup Re-Launch
This post contains affiliate links and PR samples.
On September 18th, I had the amazing opportunity to attend the re-launch of Dr.Hauschka’s makeup line. In celebration of their 50 year anniversary they re-formulated some of their products, added new ones and of course kept the best sellers! Dr.Hauschka makeup is all-natural and organic.
Dr.Hauschka’s New Natural Makeup Line
This event was my first formal introduction to most of the Dr.Hauschka products; though I’ve heard a lot about the brand from fellow bloggers I never had the opportunity to try any of their products prior to this.
A little background on Dr.Hauschka
Dr.Hauschka was co-founded by Elisabeth Sigmund and Dr. Rudolf Hauschka who both worked in cosmetology and had a keen interest in natural skincare; together they spent five years developing their first products and as of 1967 Dr.Hauschka skincare was born.
The cosmetics and skincare are all made in Germany; plenty of their natural flowers and medicinal ingredients come directly from their gardens in Germany. With other ingredients being sourced ethically from various other places around the globe.
All of their products are Natrue certified; meaning they are not tested on animals, contain high-quality and ethically sourced ingredients. Natrue certifies that there’s no synthetic ingredients nor fragrances, colours or dyes.
The Dr.Hauschka Makeup Line…
Was developed with help from international makeup artist Karim Sattar. It includes 83 products in total; including 30 lip products. They have a range of lipsticks, glosses, and lip liners (and a clear one!) A new addition to their line is the colour-correcting powder which took 3 years to develop.
The Colour Correcting powder has a blend of green, brown, yellow and pink pigments to help even the skintone. Karim wanted to make sure that the colour correcting powder would actually colour-correct and therefore went through many different versions of this powder in order to ensure it was made just to his liking.
Makeup tips from Karim Sattar
During the presentation we had the opportunity to see the makeup products in action and learn some really interesting makeup tips from Karim! Here’s the step-by-step guide to his makeup application during the event.
- Start with clean, moisturized skin and prep with the Facial Toner
- Next, use some of the colour-correcting powder underneath the eyes. Apply with a sponge or brush. (Yes, apply powder before foundation!)
- Apply blush before anything else – the blush will dictate how bold the rest of your makeup should be.
Blush tip: apply blush to the apples of your cheeks, lips to prepare for lipstick and on your brow bone to take five years off the look of your face.
- Apply eye definer; working your way from the outside in. Use Black or brown on the top and a lighter colour on the lower lash line. Close your eyes and blink to warm up product and smudge accordingly.
- Using an eyeshadow trio and start with the darkest colour first – and keep your eyes open during the application starting from the outside and blending to the middle of your eye. Then go in with the lightest shade working on the inside to middle. Use the middle shade just above the pupil to transition between the light and dark shades.
Use a few sprays of the facial toner on your eyeshadow brush to make the product a little bit more bold.
- Apply liquid liner by starting in the center of the lash line and pat it into the inner corner. You can put a little dot on either side of your eyes where you want the liner to end and help make the sides look even.
- Apply mascara to lashes; they offer both a defining and a volumizing mascara. Neither are waterproof – so if you want to make them more water resistant you can take some dark powder on your fingers and apply to lashes.
makeup tip: applying black mascara to your lower lash line can add five years to your face. try to use a coloured mascara like plum instead.
- Use clear brow gel on your brows.
Create a boyfriend lip by applying lip balm to lips and gently patting on lipstick colour. the idea is to have lips that look like they have just been kissed – messy is okay!
- If you want to apply a gloss over top of your lip colour then you want to combine warm and cool colours. (For example a brown gloss over top of a berry lipstick.)
- Set your makeup with the Facial Toner.
First impressions on the Dr.Hauschka Makeup Line…
For a natural makeup line, they definitely came out with a lot of products! You can do your entire makeup routine by using solely Dr.Hauschka products if you wanted to – they have you covered from face, eyes, lips and cheeks.
I was pleasantly surprised by the scent of all the makeup products (especially the mascara and foundation!) They don’t smell artificial. Unlike most mascaras which have a very strong chemical odour which can irritate the eyes, the Dr.Hauschka mascara has a light rose-scent to it.
Luckily I have come home from the event with a few of the Dr.Hauschka Natural Makeup goodies; so I will be putting those to the these over the next couple of weeks! So far I am impressed by the volumizing mascara and colour-correcting powder. Though I don’t know if I’ll be applying the colour-correcting powder underneath of my foundation anytime soon… We’ll be putting that makeup tip to the test!